Friday, February 8, 2013

Filthy Fifty

I went into today's WOD completely freaked out. So much for not showing up afraid anymore. I had heard rumors of the Filthy Fifty, and didn't really think it was going to turn up on one of MY workout days. WRONG. It is every bit as hard as they say.

As I sit here writing this my whole body is drained...I am sore on a cellular level. No, really! My cells are sore. I can tell.

Filthy Fifty
50 box jumps (I did step-ups)
50 jumping pullups (I did 30)
50 KB swings (@20#)
50 walking lunges
50 knees to elbows (I did 20)
50 push press (@30--RX was 35, so close!)
50 back extensions (we did "good mornings" with a barbell over the shoulders)
50 wall balls (I did 30)
50 burpees
50 double unders (I did 150 singles)

This WOD adds up to 500 total reps. I was 70 short of that due to the reps that I scaled. I had decided that I wanted to go through all of the movements, because there was a time cap of 35 minutes. Otherwise we would have been stopped at whatever point we were when time ran out. I finished in 34:20, though I'm not sure if I finished the WOD or it finished me. Either way, stick a fork in me...I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment